All Hess suppliers are required to fulfill these minimum requirements. Please be aware that there could be more requirements in addition to this list, depending on the type of product or service you are providing and geographical location.
Hess expects contractors to use only ethical practices in carrying out the services for company. Contractors and suppliers should not tolerate, permit or engage in bribery, corruption or unethical practices. The Hess policy on ethical business practices must be complied with at all times.
Contractors and suppliers conduct their activities in a manner that respects human rights as set out in the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the core conventions of the International Labour organization (ILO). Contractors and suppliers:
- Should not use child labor
- Should not use forced, prison or compulsory labor
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations on freedom of association and collective bargaining
- Should not tolerate discrimination, harassment or retaliation and should provide a safe, secure and healthy work space
- Should provide wages and benefits that meet or exceed the national legal standards and should comply with all applicable laws and regulations on working hours
- Supplier personnel shall at all times act in a manner that respects human rights, complies with all applicable laws and is in full compliance to the Hess Human Rights, Social Responsibility and Business Integrity policy.
Hess Policy is to maintain a work environment that is safe for all employees and others conducive to maintaining high work standards. As part of this policy, no illegal drugs, intoxicating beverages, explosives,firarms or other weapons are allowed in the facilities operated by or contracted to Hess. Supplier shall comply with the Search and Seizure policy.
Hess is committed to conducting its operations in a manner that minimizes risks to the environment, health and safety of employees and contracted personnel. Supplier shall comply with the Hess Environment, Health and Safety Requirements.
Hess may be considered to be a “Government contractor “ as defined by U.S federal law and therefore required to obtain compliance with certain applicable laws from contractors and subcontractors with whom it does business. To obtain compliance with such requirements contractor shall comply with the provisions required for Compliance with federal contractor requirements.
In order to maintain high quality standards in the delivery of goods and services Hess has developed Quality project management standards. Suppliers are required to comply with these standards.